Saturday, October 11, 2008

Just a family update.

Tonight we had the adult session of Stake Conference. Elder Jones of the Seventy was here. He spoke on Exaltation and the New and Everlasting Covenant. It was amazing. I am looking forward to tomorrow to hear him speak again.
I just finished a new book entitled, "Scheisshaus Luck." For those of you that speak German, do not be offended. I did not realize the title was a German swear word when I checked it out at the library. It was an amazing book though. It was about an 18 year old French boy who ends up a political prisoner in Auschwitz III or Monowitz.
My new job is going great. The only thing I do not enjoy is feeding and cleaning up the animals. We have two toads, 4 different kinds of turtles and a snake. Other than that, I open up the three floors and all the exhibits and interact with guests all day. I work on some projects, watch some IMAX movies and tidy. Monday is my day off and the kids are out of school and wouldn't you know...they want to go to the Pavilion. So I will be at work on my day off but not working. Wierd.
Melanie is sewing herself a new Renaissance dress and I am so impressed. It will be lovely and she definitely inherited my mother's gifts in that area. I cannot do what she is doing.
I am almost finished with a collection of three acrylic paintings for the abstract contest. I will post pictures when the competition is over.
Sam got a job at Burger King. He is waiting to hear on another job at HyVee where Mel works. She is really enjoying the work in the bakery.
Steph goes to New York next week to interview for internships. She is going to see "Wicked" on Broadway for the second time in 14 months and is also going to meet Glenn Beck.
We got approval from the insurance to take Ben to Mayo Clinic next month. He is going to see a pediatric rheumatologist for his leg problem.
Nate's cross country season is almost over. The city meet is this coming week. I feel bad I have to miss it.
Paul starts a new high council assignment next week. He will really miss Madison. He had grown very close to the members there.
So that is the latest update on our family.

No comments: